2015 Reading List

Thursday, September 10, 2015

I admit it. I overthink this whole pocket page thing. Every. Single. Time! I don't find them to be simple or quick. And I think it's because I scrapbook because I love the design aspect of it. I love pushing paper around, cutting and pasting, tweaking the details. And you're just so much more confined when you're working with divided page protectors. Which may be great for you, but isn't so great for me.

Never the less, I still think they totally fit my purpose from time to time. Like this month, as I was using the September Story Starter from Simple Scrapper

If you haven't already figured it out, this month's theme is all about reading. One of my absolute favorite things to do! The first part of this year, I wasn't reading near as much as I wanted to. But I've been reading up a story lately. Even since making this page in August, I've finished 4 more books! I'll print images of those and neatly tuck them into the backside of this page protector.
I only decorated two little journaling cards. The title card, with it's miniature lil book. And the journaling card with just a few scribbled thoughts. You would think that meant I was super quick about it! But alas, just working on those two little cards took roughly an hour.
Oh, I also stamped on vellum and embossed with white powder. I love this technique. It's so quick to do and I love the bit of texture it adds to the page. Also, playing with opacity is kind of my jam.
Pocket pages and I, well we have this whole love/hate thing going on. I think they work best when I keep it simple. Lots of photos + just a few decorative cards seems to be my sweet spot.

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!