Travel Anxiety

Thursday, April 9, 2015

I have so many creative team projects to share with you this month! This is a Simple Scrapper creation using a sketch from the (soon to be released) April Spark magazine, and an older Story Starter. 

To note: Simple Scrapper just upgraded to a new fantastic website! Hence the bit of the delay. Promise this month's Spark will be worth it! And hey, there's also an awesome new website!
I used the Studio Calico Odyssey kit for this page about my travel anxiety. There's lots of journaling there for you to read. The gist of it is that I've been a million and one places but I still have anxiety about traveling. I'm thankful it isn't so bad as to stop me. But it's one of those pieces of my story that you might not guess. Especially considering how much I travel!

I wanted to highlight something I do fairly often on my pages, especially lately it seems. I love to layer photos on top of each other and make my own mini flip books.

For these photos, I matted them on a transparency and created the flip book using that awesome yellow washi. I wanted to make sure that you could tell there were other photos behind the main one. So I staggered the images a bit, so they were peaking out.


Probably something I shouldn't highlight but I'm going to do it anyway, is the mess ups I made. I did a bit of stamping around the top of the page and instantly regretted/hated it! So my solution was to just cover it up with scraps of the same paper (thankfully I had some!).

It's one of those things that adds just a bit more texture. And while the background image is "off" in a few places, I don't think it's too distracting. Or another way to look at it, it's not half as distracting as the stamping I did!

I added one more strip at the bottom to give it some balance. And also, because I knew I wanted to print that sentiment and at this point, there was no way the whole layout was going through my printer.

cheers & besos,


2 comments:

  1. I love your layout -- especially the yellow accents against the map background. I have lots of anxiety when I travel as well; but my desire to see the world pushes me through it. Thanks for sharing this so eloquently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way! I will go anywhere at anytime, and love seeing new places more than anything, but oh man...walking into an airport is always the beginning of hours of anxiety. Love this layout!

    ReplyDelete