Hey Girl

Saturday, March 7, 2015

I have/had a penpal. She lives all the way in Australia. When we were in high school, we use to send each other written notes. Today, we settle for e-mail, instagram and Facebook comments. I wouldn't have thought to scrapbook about this, except that it was one of the amazing Story Starters in this month's Simple Scrapper Spark Mag. I'm so grateful that those things exist! Because otherwise a chunk of my story would be missing.
Journaling Reads:
"Lou and I met over a decade ago in a forum for the TV show Roswell. We first bonded over aliens. We quickly figured out we really liked letters and stationary so we became pen pals. I loved getting her letters. I also loved sending them. We kept in pretty good touch during late high school and early college. Then social media really blew up and we became Facebook friends too. I got to see her photos and find out what she was up to, read about her life and her travels. She moved to London and not very long after that I did too. During my first week, we decided to meet up. She was the only person I "knew" in the city. But it was also the first time we'd ever met in person. We instantly connected and it never felt awkward. We hung out a few times that year in London. Then I moved away and so did she. Even after all these years, we're still connected. We still keep up with each other, although lately more with Instagram. She's back home in Australia and I'm back home in Texas. But I know we'll see each other again. She's the only person I know in Australia. So you'd best believe I'll be looking her up when I visit. She's the only friend I've met online and then in person. It makes our relationship special!"

For more info on the Simple Scrapper Story Starters, click through to read about the Premium Membership. The Premium Membership at Simple Scrapper provides skills and shortcuts to help you simplify and find more meaning in your memory keeping.

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!