Shopgirl

Friday, January 23, 2015

I have a dream. It's kind of a big one and one that I've had since I was a very little girl. One day, I want to own a shop. This is not going to happen today, tomorrow or likely even this year. But it's just one of those things I'm going to keep working toward (really it tops the list).
Because I'm a scrapbooker, I scrapbook these kinds of dreams. Here's the layout I made. It's a 100% Simple Scrapper brainchild. I used an older sketch for the design but the story was inspired by one of the January 2015 story starters. [You get access to these via the Premium Membership. Read more: here]
For the background, I hand drew lines and sprinkled in some inspirational words: "shopgirl", "entrepreneur", "owner", "girl boss".
I embellished with flags, buttons and sequins. And of course sprinkled in some gold.
The papers are from the Maggie Holmes Open Book collection. I have a deep and endless love for this collection. It's my absolute current fave. Isn't the chipboard girl too perfect?!
The finishing touch was typing out the journaling and tucking it into this little Kraft pocket.

I so loved how this came out. Maybe because of the deeply personal story I was telling. Maybe because of all of these gorgeous supplies. Really, I think it was the combo of the two. And to think, I might not have even scrapbooked it were it not for the Story Starter!

cheers & besos,

6 comments:

  1. cute layout, especially love the lines w/ text in them in the background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl! they're my favorite part too :)

      Delete
  2. The hand-drawn lines look incredible here. You have been on fire lately with these layouts! So many innovative touches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, thanks for your encouraging words Jill! You frequently put a smile on my face :)

      Delete
  3. Sooo cute! Love everything about this :)

    ReplyDelete