U & Papa

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hiya! At this point, I'm nearly done with my crazy busy work trip. 7 nights in 5 cities, it's a lot of movement! I love it, it makes things interesting. It also means I have a decent amount of quiet time as I'm sitting on a plane or a train. And of course, it means I'm not sitting in the same meeting room for days on end. Hopefully I'm updating my instagram (I made sure all of my hotels had free wifi!) and you're seeing some fun pictures. 

So enough of my chatting at you from the past, let's talk about the present. I'm sharing one of my latest Scrapbook Circle kit pages. This was made with On this Day, a kit chalk full of goodness…and specifically some great oranges. Arguably, orange may be my 2nd favorite color after yellow. It's just so robust! 

The kit had a ton of it, so Tessa challenged me and Valerie to incorporate orange into our pages. Here's Valerie's take on it. I love those leaves!!! And below is my layout using orange.
I paired it with blue. Lots of different shades of blue, teals and baby blue and even some denim. The colors just worked so perfectly with these cute photos of my brother and my nephew. There wasn't any great or meaningful story behind these, just the two of them together. And that was enough for me!
I went with a banner look and adhered everything along an invisible line, 1/3 of the way down the page. It meant grabbing printed die cuts and paper scraps, stickers and chipboard. And of course I couldn't resist the cork piece! This is one of my favorite designs because it means I can incorporate lots of little odds and ends.
Tessa blogged more about this on the Scrapbook Circle blog. Hop on over there to read a bit more.

cheers & besos,


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!