Love you Wild

Sunday, November 3, 2013

This page is best viewed in bits and pieces. Maybe not all at once. There's a lot going on here I'll admit.

I had these cute photos of Mac that I wanted to scrapbook but didn't know quite what to say about them other then, "hey! here's a cute kitten." Somehow along the way, I figured out that I wanted to talk about how she's my first baby. The first little thing that I've ever had to take care of on my own (without mom or dad). Hence the title that I created with the help of my Silhouette.
My Silhouette got a lot of action on this page. For some reason, I got it in my head that I wanted to use ovals for this layout. It's a shape I don't normally scrapbook with so I decided to try it out. I searched "oval" in the Silhouette online store and came up with these designs. Cut them out of my favorite white cardstock (white Bazzil orange peel in case anyone is curious) and then layered them over my photos and one of the Wildflower journaling cards.

I really had no intention to include any deer on this page about my kitten, but the sentiment on the journaling card was too good to pass up. I had to include on this page about my wild little kitten whom I do love dearly.
There's yellow in the photos but not much in the collection. So I painted a rough square in the middle with this vibrant yellow color. I like that you can still see the arrowhead design through it.

I didn't realize it at the time, but afterwards considered that I had channeled my inner Wilna for this page. Roughly this particular page of hers.
The final bits were adding gold washi as landing for my journaling spots. I printed them on more of that orange peel cardstock and hand sewed them to the page with a few stitches of embroidery floss. I thought they needed some color.

This was another idea I've had floating around in my head. Tacking something down and letting the rest of it float. I'm talking about a lot of envisioning and picturing in this post. I think its the product of being away from my creating desk for so long. I had time to imagine these pages beforehand.
I added another deer at the bottom, anchored by a strip of gold washi tape. If not now, when else would I use it? Along with her name and the date. Viola!

Like I said, a lot to take in and a lil crazy. But I love it all the same. I also love how versatile this collection is. I didn't use many pieces; my background paper, a journaling card and that sticker. And yet it still mixes flawlessly with the rest of my stash.

Don't forget to comment if you wanna win it! Just a flower and your e-mail will do =)

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!