Safety First/First Mutt

Monday, April 1, 2013

Are you April Fools-ing today? I do NOT take part in this "holiday". I was the victim of a very terrible April Fools joke when I was younger and am still scared! (Got a tearful/hysterical call at 9pm at night saying someone was in the hospital. They weren't. It was a not at all pleasant experience.)

But cest le vie. I want to show you something cute instead. I've finished up my LBD assignment for the month, so now I'm just playing with paper and photos. 

I ordered some of the new(ish) Glitz Design Unchartered Waters line so I could scrapbook these photos of silly Cadie. I'm loving the nautical theme. I'm always on the hunt for it with all of the beach going my parents (and sometimes I) get to do. And of course I used nothing with the color blue...or green for that matter! 


I used a Shimelle.com sketch as the basis for this page. I'm determined to use them all this year! I'm 5/10 so halfway there =)

Instead of one photo, I pulled three and backed each of them with a journaling card. They made for the perfect border for this tinier photo size!


I also had fun creating custom die cuts with the help of my Silhouette. I used a few Studio Calico digital brushes and cut them out of Papertrey Ink cardstock (it's a heavy weight cardstock).

Then I colored each of them differently. The gold one is spray misted. The black is painted with chalkboard ink. And the pink I inked with chalk ink.



I also mixed up the title with glitter Thickers, letter stickers and circle stickers. I couldn't decide between First Mutt & Safety First so I ended up using them both!


cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!