Friendship with No End

Monday, January 7, 2013

Hey yall! Happy Monday =)

I'm in such a good mood because I was a crafting beast this weekend. Basically, I did nothing but sit at my desk and play. 

It was wonderful. 
It was cathartic. 
It had been sorely missed.
It had been too long!

I made 1-20 page 6x6in minibook. And remembered why I don't make them...
I made 10-Christmas Thank You cards.
And I decorated 3-6x6in trays as gifts for my besties. (I must confess being sick all last week put my Christmas gift making on the back burner.)

Sharing them all in good time, but speaking of besties, I made this page with my 34th Street kit a few weeks back.


I had fun with this page. I've never painted directly onto a picture before! 

There were a few random things in the background and since I don't know photoshop well enough to crop them out, I just decided to go old school and paint them out. Plus, I wanted to highlight the three guys behind us, who were also posing together for a photo. Then I thought I would doodle on the white, since it was so stark. It's not perfect, but I think it looks fun!

I knew when I started this layout I wanted my title to stretch across the entire page. So I cut it out using my Cameo (which btw, I have a total love/hate relationship with that thing. It never cuts how I want it too!!!). I originally wanted the chevron paper to show through but it wasn't translating very well with the font that I chose, so I backed it with some of the leftover paper from my Hello/Goodbye page.

At one point I was criticizing myself for choosing so lame a title, but then I realized that "end" is written write there in the middle. And that's when I thought up "Friendship with no end". (I added the with after I photographed this.) I'd be lying if I said it was my intention all along, but I'm so glad my mind stumbled upon it. It's perfect for this page of me and my besties. Ours is a friendship without an end.

After that, I pulled out a bunch of red accents from the kit and added my journaling. Viola! My page was complete. 

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check back later this week to see my projects from the weekend. Oh, and don't forget about the RAK! Comment on this post to win!

cheers & besos,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!