Best Great Wall Memory

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hiya! Sharing a Shimelle sketch page today. I got to use an enlarged print with this one. It was my first time using my large format at home printer. Over Christmas, I got a Pixma iX6520 for super cheap. I like it so far, but learned that I need to print on glossy paper vs matte.

I also made this page for Simon Says Stamps "what are you known for" challenge. 

Here's how it's my style:

I love to mix pattern paper.
And also different size prints. 


Almost all of my pages have some kind of mist. 
For this one I used a mask and a mix of brown & gold ink. 


Lately, I've been using a ton of metallic. Love these as neutrals.
And speaking of neutrals, gray is undoubtedly my favorite neutral these days.
I also print my journaling on vellum a ton.


But I think the biggest component of my "style" is that I use color in my pages. Lots of color! And I pick my color choices based on my photos.


I love this page and it's story. It was an amazing experience in and of itself to visit the Great Wall. But for it to then start snowing! That just made it magical.

Here's a video I took when it started. I heard that a high school classmate used it in her middle school classroom. And that the kids thought it was very cool. =) Maybe I inspired one of them to travel the world!

cheers & besos,

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! What a perfect take on both of those challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout! The photos are great and the mix of one large and three small photos is just perfect here. Great embellishments and colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete