Birth Day

Sunday, August 5, 2012

She's almost here! Lauren is going to be born today. Her Mama is scheduled to be induced, so we'll get to meet the newest member of our group this afternoon.

I didn't want to show up to the hospital empty handed, so I made a birth day card and some onesies.

Dear Lizzy's lines make making gifts for little girls so easy. I used several of her papers for this card (which is a semi-lift of a Danielle Flanders card) and thought the "celebrate sunshine" sentiment was perfect for the birth of a little girl, especially one born in the summer.


And I've not been neglecting the insides of my cards. I decorated this one with some mist, tape and a variety of lovely date stamps.


And onto the onesies...
I accidently bought muscle tees!!! For a baby! And of course I didn't realize this until I ripped open the package. But I had to make the most of it. I hope they don't mind too much.


Remember Laverne's (of Laverne & Shirley) famous signature "L" sweaters and shirts? That's the inspiration for this onesie.


I did something a bit different with the next one. It's one part reverse applique and one part straight stitching (my first attempt!) I liked the variety of the cursive and the block letters. Plus, it's yellow!


And finally, the signature design I created for little Ms. LC. I had to include the heart in the "C".


Oh, and I have to talk about this tutu. I've had it stowed away in my gift box since January, when I picked it up from Target at a steal. It's soooo tiny and perfect and cute! I'm happy to pass it along to an actual little being who will wear it and if possible, enhance its cuteness!

Can't wait to meet this little girl!

cheers & besos,

1 comment:

  1. OH MY CUTENESS!!!!!!!! That is one lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete