Move More, Eat Less *Mini

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I interrupt the Project 12 updates to bring you my first mini of the year!

It was something I put together in an evening on a whim. And I have to say, I love that my projects are coming together like this lately, created for fun and just because I feel like creating.

But anyway, I put together this mini because I'm back on my fitness journey. It was time.
My weight has been an unfortunate factor in my life recently. It's something that I need to gain control of for my health and more importantly for my energy! I just don't feel like I have enough energy to do what I want to do.

And that my friends, sucks a big one. I'm an active (enough) person and I hate that tiredness stops me from doing more.

So I bit the bullet on this one and am jumping in with both feet. First things first right? I had to make a mini to document it! ;) It's also a way to motivate me to keep to my goals.

I created this mini from scratch with scraps of paper, some mists and paints.

The base is just some left over cardboard that I received from some shipment of paper or other. You know, the ones that they tape your photos or paper to so that they don't get bent? Yeah? I save all of those in a drawer and pull them out from time to time, usually when I'm working on a mini book.

For this one specifically, I used die cut stars as masks, and sprayed the cover with a few shades of Mister Huey. Then, I lifted up the stars and splashed green ink over the top.

I liked how it looked, but I think it detracted from the pretty papers I wanted to use so I painted over it lightly with gray acrylic paint. Then brushed some water over the top to make it even more translucent, and then ended up lifting some of the paint off with a paper towel.

But it worked out! And I like that you can see the stars peeking through, but they aren't a huge distraction from the paper. Also like that the green splashes came through.

I dug into my scrap folders for blue, green and orange scraps, pulling things that coordinated with my Move More Eat Less daily log pages.

And it was a happy accident that they all had some sort of star design (which prompted the misted covers).

The inside pages are from Cathy Zielske's Move More Eat Less templates. I use the word template lightly because although you do get .psd files in the digi kit, she also gives you pdfs to print straight out. No hassle with PSE or anything!


For the other covers, I masked and sprayed same as before, mixing various colors. I was going something bright and colorful and ENERGETIC!



xxbesos

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I'm taking that class too! Love your cute mini!

    ReplyDelete