Project 12: July & August

Sunday, September 4, 2011

I'm loving my Project 12. Even Matt declared it to be his favorite of my scrapbooks.

Sharing July and August today.
Can you believe I'm up to date?!

I have to admit that these pages are very hard for me to do for some reason. I never know how to decorate the grids, I'm always struggling for creative ways to display 6-10+ photos on a single 12x12 page.

This month though, I think I knocked 'em out of the park.

July was a fun and busy month...and crap! Just realized I put some of July's photos on August's layout. Oh well! Such is life I suppose :)

But anyway, in July Matt was home in Ohio, my parents came for a visit, I got to meet Kelly Purkey! and we traveled to Austin for Tara's birthday.

We started out the month down at the beach house, eating tons and doing some fishing. Matt caught his first "keeper" fish!

He also lost a bet and had to get some skinny jeans :) Jokes on his friend, because he actually looked nice in his hot pants ;)

And I got to meet my scrap crush, Kelly Purkey! Who was so sweet and so fun and cute and tiny. I took all three of her/Studio Calico classes at CKC Houston.

My sweet little guy came to visit. Love it when Urijah John is in the house! And love even more getting photos of him with Gma and Gpa.

For these pages, I combined some of the new Studio Calico Memoir line (I won it from Nicole's blog!!) and what is rapidly becoming my go-to line, Amy Tangerine's. I think they meshed fairly well on this page, given the very different color schemes.

Which brings us to August! That was only 4 days ago =) Well chuffed at having it complete.

I took on Kelly's Color of the Rainbow SC Weekly challenge as the basis for these pages.

I loved that my photo strip fit perfectly into the grid of the calendar (and that I apparently had nothing going on on Thursday's this month :) I also love my IncrediBooth app. It made these photos super easy to capture. And given that we were outside in the semi-dark, it caught a lot of light!
For both of these layouts, I went riffling through my scrap stash and hand cut strips and boxes, to nestle in between these photos. Then I went through my Studio Calico kits looking for small embellishments to finish it off.

Which btw, I disassembled my 4 oldest kits (eeeeppp!!!) and stored them along with the rest of my stash. It's a first step. My space is becoming more and more organized as the days go on.

That's it for today, thanks for stopping by! And see you next month (hopefully) for another Project 12 Post.

xxbesos

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!