CKC, KP & SC

Sunday, August 7, 2011

I had a total blast at CKC Houston (ahem The Woodlands...) last month when Matt was off in Ohio visiting family. I met some super sweet ladies whom I will be cropping with later this month and a few scrapbooking celebs.

I'm sure these lovely ladies need no introduction.
I had so much fun in classes with Kelly Purkey and shopping and chatting with April Foster and Nicole Harper of Studio Calico.

You've seen some of the projects we made that day, here and here and here.

Today I'm sharing some of my workspace.
You see, we got really inky while we were playing with all of those fabulous Mister Huey's.
And SC being the very smart and responsible company that they are, made sure the tables was covered in kraft shipping paper to protect them from our inky messes.

Well, I loved how messy and graphic my workspace ended up, that I cut it up and brought it home with me =)

And here's the page I made with it.

I wanted it to be a bit rough around the edges (yes, pun intended!) so I free cut it in roughly a 11.5 x 11.5 square and stapled it to an anchoring sheet of cardstock.

Coming from the corporate world, I love a good acronym and played with that a bit in my title.

I added some ephemera from the day, my wristband and my class ticket, which I misted using the wood veneer packaging as a mask.

The people, more so than the classes are what really made the experience for me. I'm so glad I got to meet KP! And of course chat with Nicole and April. It was a lovely day =)

Oh, and I'm blogging up a storm today, so be sure to check back in the coming weeks for all of my latest projects!

xxbesos

4 comments:

  1. Had a blast at this CKC...and loved chatting with you!! Thanks for the mention- you're too sweet :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! love these ladies and of course SC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It's such a cool way to remember that day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this!!! had so much fun meeting you... thank you for coming to class. wish we could have hung out more!

    ReplyDelete