Week in the Life Prep

Sunday, July 31, 2011

From a month in the life, to a week in the life it seems :)

The other day I shared with you some monthly calendar pages. Today, I'm sharing with you my prep for the epic Week in the Life project!

Have you heard of it?

It something Ali Edwards does once a year and it has such a huge contingent of followers.
And now I get to say I'm one of them!

Well, I guess I've always been a follower of her project (or at least since I discovered it last year) but I've never actually participated before.

Last year I was going through such a hard time, not working, living at home, and I didn't really feel like commemorating forever, this not so great time of my life.

But this year things have changed so much! I'm working, I'm closer to Matt (i.e. we actually live in the same city!!) and I'm starting to get my feet on the ground and figure out this whole grown up thing.

What a perfect time to document a typical week in my life!

I decided to go hybrid on this project and purchased the 3 kits below for there awesome "everyday life" theme/quality.




And here are my pre-photo pages! I printed 1 each of Cathy Z's templates (there are 6) and will figure out the most appropriate to repeat for the 7th day.

And then printed Ali's Week in the Life Journaling cards in Gray.

I decided to do 1 page 8 1/2 x 11 and also a baseball card photo sleeve to catch some of the ephemera, extra photos, and journaling cards, for each day of the week.

It's going to be fairly neutral, and the colors and a few bits and pieces of patterned paper are what will give it some life.

I also decided to not make a separate album for these. It's going to right there in the middle of my 2011 calendar page scrapbook.

I have most of the pictures and now need to work on the journaling. But I'm on my way to have a complete Week in the Life project!

Be sure to check back for the finished pages!

And truly, thank you for stopping by :)

xxbesos

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!