England *Mini

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I have some Mind the Gap goodness to share with you today!!

But first, I have to gush about the awesomeness of crops! There's just something about being away from all of my stuff, away from all distractions, at a table with limited supplies (and usually limited space) that just gets works for my brain!

On Sunday, my friend Susie invited me to her friend's for a Scrap & Yap Brunch. This group of ladies gets together every so often to scrap and chat and brunch. It was such a nice time. Even going into it not know anyone (which I seem to be doing a lot lately), didn't diminish my capacity for good quality scrapping fun!

While I was there, I got 7 pages fairly well done. A few needed some minimal products from home, some needed titles and they all needed journaling. But in just a few short hours, I had 7 more pages to add to a mini album I hadn't even started! What's not to love (and gush) about that?!

I'd purchased this mini album kit by Making Memories at least a year ago, with the intention of using it as an England album.

I think it works perfectly, and all I had to do to the window was add some Thickers.

I also created this as a title page, using my Mind the Gap kit.
I had to keep on theme!!

And this was my first picture page. I did something a little subtle here and tried to match the patterned papers, with the colors in the photo i.e. green patterned paper next to the grass, cream next to the stone wall, blue next to the sky, etc.

I also dug into my stash of Studio Calico letter stamped and used my favorite charcoal chalk ink for the title and the date.

More pages to come! 5 more to be exact :) Oh, and don't forget to check back to tomorrow for the winner of the Mister Huey's (which btw, I used the oh-so-fabulous white to splatter around on the patterned paper).

Cheers, bye!

xxbesos



1 comment:

  1. oooh i LOVE these!! "Dover Castle" is my faaavorite! i totally got that you matched the grass, sky, etc. so cute!
    xoxo
    Leigh

    ps- which charcoal ink do you use?

    ReplyDelete