Sketchbook Day 9

Monday, June 13, 2011

Back today with another Sketchbook 3 layout,
another from my trip to Istanbul,
and another Lawn Party page!

Confession I: This is my absolute favorite page that I've made in quite awhile.
Confession II: I really think I have a favorite Studio Calico kit now!

Just look at the gorgeous colors that were featured in the May kit. I love the seafoam greens and bright pinks mixed with with limey greens and soft pinks.

So this page is all about me, traveling alone.
That's how much I love to travel!
I'll go by myself if I have to =)

After reading this month's challenges for the Paperclipping Community, I knew I wanted to scrap this photo of me. And how hard it can be to get photos of yourself when you travel by yourself.

But back to the products! Loved these yellow thickers! And I'm happy that I actually used the resin flowers. I have quite a few from different brands and had yet to use them on anything.

But that's the beauty of a kit.
You want to use all of the beautiful projects, instead of just hoarding them.

Journaling Reads:

I travel by myself from time to time. And I know people may think that's daring or lonely or just plain dumb, but it's not going to stop me If I have the opportunity to go somewhere, I'm going to go. The lack of a little thing such as a travel buddy is not going to keep me from any once in a lifetime opportunity. Yup, it's harder to get photos of myself and the places I visit, but I make do.

And the irony of this visit is not lost on me. I get that it is a privilege for me, as a free independent female, to choose to visit any place on my own, let alone the former home of an imprisoned group of women. But that is the world we live in. and I feel incredibly blessed to live in this day and age.

[4 of 7 crop layouts blogged!]

xxbesos

1 comment: