Tea Cup Cards

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The last of my "Christmas" cards! They're for two very special ladies and I think maybe my favorites of the year! And yup, they're a few days late. But with the pre-holiday craze that ensued, I just didn't have time. Thankfully, these two particularly lovelies, couldn't care less about silly things like "on-time" Christmas cards. They love me for who I am...thank God!

I knew I wanted to make tea cup something, so when Papertrey Ink released their Warm Happiness Too line, I nearly swooned. As a former Londoner, I heart tea like nobody's business. I love all things tea!



I wanted these cards to convey warm and cozy like the sentiment, so I used plaid paper (think flannel blanket) and a pipe cleaner (or faux fur...??) to "log cabin" them up a bit. The Basic Grey Jovial line was the perfect line for this! Love the rustic/christmasy feel to it.

[Photo 2]

And somewhere along the way I got it into my head to make a circle card. I used one of my DVDs as a guide and hand cut it out of cardstock. I wasn't so interested in getting it perfect, it just adds to the handmade feel.

[Photo 3]

I distress inked the edges and stamped a friendship sentiment. And now I'm totally done with cards!! Blessing friends :)

xxbesos
j.leija

P.S. Don't forget about my Christmas giveaway! See my 25.12 post for details :)

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I'm so in love with everything on this. Perfect job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is THE CUTEST thing ive ever seen. the stamps, the distressing, the pipecleaner- EVERYTHING.
    you rock J!

    ReplyDelete