Sketch 232-First Christmas

Monday, December 13, 2010

Seriously, Pamela knocks it out of the park every week! And this December she's totally stepped it up with 4 amazing sketches. This is Week 2 or rather Sketch #232 (No really, how does she do it?!) from Scrapbook Challenges.

Since I'm still feeling the Christmas spirit, I'm whittling away at the remainder of the 2009's photos. These are a few shots I got with Urijah, a few days after his very first Christmas.

I'm so in love with the American Crafts on this page, it isn't even funny. All of the patterned paper + that gorgeous ribbon + the larger letter stickers are from their ever so classic lines, Dear Lizzy (my fave) included. The so lovely kraft envelope is done by Maya Road.

I love the look of this Tim Holtz die but don't actually own it. BUT, it was super easy to re-create with the help of my latest obsession, Papertrey Ink dies. This is their Banner Builder collection. (I stalked the store so hardcore waiting for it to get back in stock!) I cut out nine little scallops, punched a hole in each and glammed them up with red jewels.


White text adds a classic feel to this layout. I love my trusty white pen!

Journaling Reads: Christmas 2009 was Urijah's first. We didn't get to spend the actual day with him, but Matt and I delivered his loot a few days later. He was only 8 months old and not that interested. But we did get him to tear into the gift wrap. Oh, look at those chubby cheeks!

This last bit is my favorite part. I turned what could have been 3 photos, according to the sketch, into three tiny presents wrapped in Baker's Twine. Oh! And if you're in the market for it in red, Crate and Barrel has a huge spool of it for only $7.95. Believe me, you'll never run out! Happy Scrapping!

xxbesos
j.leija

2 comments: