Have a Blast!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tada! Here's one of mama's birthday presents. A bit odd, I know. But that's my mama! She likes what she likes and does not care what anyone else thinks. One of her latest (yet lasting) obsessions is pirate and skull themed paraphernalia. She has sunglasses, flip flops, plastic cups, all that fun stuff.

But, the cu de gra to her collection? A tiny metal pirate ship complete with skull shaped glass vodka bottle. You too can purchase one if you so desire, from Dean & Deluca at that! I guess I'm much the same, I collect Dia de los Muertos dolls and figurines. I know they say that you get your decorating taste from you mother, they definitely weren't lying!

A few weeks ago I was perusing the Urban Outfitters website and found this cute little bomb timer and I knew instantly mama would definitely appreciate it. And then I based my card off the bomb's design.

I hand cut a circle (with one flat edge) out of white cardstock, inked the edges with Tim Holtz's Black Soot distress ink and cut the skull using my Slice and the Just Chillin' Design Card. Added some Basic Grey Micro Mono letter stickers and finished it off with a black pipe cleaner! I'm sure she'll like it, that crazy woman! Love her to death! (pun intended)

xxbesos
j.leija

2 comments:

  1. this is amazing. youre so freakin cute & clever i cant stand it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is fantastic! Absolutely genius!

    ReplyDelete