Circle Punches & Scraplifts

Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm back at my desk creating, creating, creating! And it feels so good! These are my latest and greatest and I'm absolutely in love with them! Now, before you go on thinking I'm some kind of creative guru, I have to admit that all of them are scraplifts, mediocre copies of another woman's genius.

The challenge this week on the Studio Calico blog is to scraplift some inspiration from their galleries. Well, if you've ever been, you have to know that the SC galleries are literally oozing with sticky sweet inspiration! Just look at what I created!



Based off of Susan Weinroth's A Surprise layout, I created this layout about my two besties, Kim and Tara. It felt mildly disturbing to punch out our heads from this one photo, but its a good one of our faces so it had to be scarified. I used a 1 in. circle punch and the Basic Grey 6x6 June Bug paper pad and went to town.
This gem is based off of Stephanie Howell's oh.my. layout. I loved the different sized circles she layered below her photo. I figured it'd be a good way to highlight all the colors of our dresses. A few choice Jenni Bowlin stickers later, plus a butterfly here and there and this simple scraplift was complete.



I was instantly attracted to Amy H's Firehouse Fun page, I loved the design! But I wanted to mix it up a bit so I opted for a black background instead of a white. I think it made all the difference because everything really pops off the page! I happened upon the perfect sheet of Bazzil cardstock, in blue, that oh so perfectly matched Tara's pretty party dress. I used it for the circles and cut out the title with my Slice and the Vintage Findings design card. And I've had those metallic buttons from American Crafts for forever! I'm so glad I used them because I think they're adorable.

Well, that rounds up this blog post full of scraplifty goodness. Be sure to click through and to visit the inspiration pages I've mentioned. They're totally worth your while. Oh, and become a member of at Studio Calico if you haven't already :)

xxbesos
j.leija

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!