Gift Bag Book: Random Prompt

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Here's my contribution to this weeks challenge at my favorite little challenge blog, Handmade Love! As hostesses, Monica and I get to offer random prompts to our challenge-ees and the first one we came up with is to use non-traditional scrapbooking materials. This type of challenge, is one after my own heart. I'm constantly seeing potential in all of the objects around me, especially office materials! I love wondering the aisles of my local Office Max/Depot, to discover hidden gems. I've even got Matt doing it too. He surprised me with some heart shaped binder clips from his last trip. [I heart him]

The majority of this book consists of things you can find at the office supply store or from your cupboard, and the base of it is an actual gift bag I purchased. Isn't it gorgeous?! A few weeks ago I took another of the ever inspiring Debby Schuh classes, her Anthropologie Bag Album. She taught us the basics of turning our favorite gift bags into wonderful one of a kind albums. I was so inspired, I dragged Matt out the very next day to get my supplies.

As you can see, there are a variety of non-traditional items used as pages. I added a few index cards, a piece of cork paper, a clasp envelope, a manila folder and a highly decorated brown paper bag. I wanted to include every inch of that gorgeous gift bag and added some of the trim to finish off a page or two. I also stapled on some embellishments and used reinforces to really get into the office supply feel.
The whole thing came together so quickly! If it weren't for the embossed butterflies on that brown paper bag, I would have completed it in under an hour. It's totally do-able :) So my challenge to you, my fellow scrapbooker, is to look around your house and find some truly great stuff to include in your next page. And check out Handmade Love for the design team's take on this too fun challenge. And if you're not inspired enough already, the winner of this weeks challenge will receive this mini as a prize (aka RAK!). So get to scavenging and show me what you find!

xxbesos
j.leija

1 comment: