Sketchy Thursday

Saturday, February 27, 2010




If you're a scrapper and haven't heard of Sketchy Thursday, you have to check it out! Every week this challenge blog features a new sketch and invites its readers to contribute their take. Last week's sketch made its way into not just one but 2 of my latest pages. That's the beauty of a sketch! You can use it over and over again and still get different results.

As crazy as this may sound, I don't think I've ever done a page (for myself) of me and my bestie, Tara Fay. I love this girl! We've done a million and one crazy things together and giggled almost the whole way. That photo of us laughing has to be one of my hands down favorite photos of the two of us, and believe me there's a million to choose from. It's just so quintessentially us!

I busted out my favorite new line for this page honoring my bestie, American Crafts' Dear Lizzy. Which was, in my opinion (and according to my informal survey ;), the hottest new line out this season. It's sweet and girly and what better used for, than a page about 2 girls who have a blast just being together.

A note on Tara: no, she is not my sister. No, we were never room mates. And I can neither confirm nor deny that she once completed a crush calculator. [Love you TFay!]



It seems I couldn't get over this sketch. So much so that I was up late that night contemplating my next victim. Since Matt and I had just drove down from Ohio, our trip was fresh on my mind. I took one photo of the two of us, the day before we left, and cropped it in two. Using my trusty Mists, I crafted this ordinary sheet of white cardstock, into my mini masterpiece. Muahaha!

xxbesos
j.leija

4 comments:

  1. I love these pages- they are simple, yet elegant! FABULOUS! You really rock this style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun pages and colors! I love what you do with the mist...gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch - I was too scared to try this one, but you did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. crush calculator makes me laugh so hard everytime I hear it!!!

    ReplyDelete