2010 OLW: Grow

Friday, January 1, 2010



The ever amazing Ali Edward's has been using the concept of "One Little Word" for the past several years. The premise: one word that you focus on throughout the year. Ali's word this year is story. My word for 2010 is "grow".

I created this layout as a bit of scrapping art and plan to include it in my Year 25 album. It's my first hybrid layouts of sorts, but I'm probably cheating by call it that. Well it was my first time to play with a digi kit!

Using Carina Gardner's amazing "I Remember When..." Genealogy Kit, I simply printed that gorgeous tree on kraft cardstock and then hand drew the roots. I then hand-stitched them using multiple colors of DMC floss. I printed an additional tree, cut out the leafy part and used it as mask for my mists. I sprayed both Red and Orange on the tree to get a multi color effect. I finished it off with some American Crafts Thickers, Basic Grey's Indian Summer patterned paper and a few Martha Stewart butterflies.




It was hard to focus on just word to contemplate for an entire year. Yet it was easier to look back and consider previous OLW's in my life. In 2008 it was "explore" and in 2009 my word was undoubtedly "family". But that was discovered in hindsight.

Now, as 2010 has commenced, its time for me to take the reins, so to speak, and become more in charge of my life and my scrapping. It's also time for me to emerge from the protective shelter of school and parents and officially grow up. Groan! {pun intended...}

I hope that you will be with me as I chronicle this journey. I'm going to try my best to eek out every ounce of life, that 2010 has to offer. And to scrap it along the way. I hope you do the same!

xxbesos
j.leija


2 comments:

  1. I just love this LO. It makes me just want to go create something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the hand-stitched roots. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete